Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Travels...


Well, my husband and I just returned from a quick trip to Kansas (the windy state) to visit his family. At first I was hesitant about traveling North in December, you never know what the weather will do. Luckily, we had great traveling weather. Cold mornings, sunny afternoons, clear skies, and beautiful sunsets. It was so nice to visit family in a small town with brick streets, family owned businesses and a laid back atmosphere. No crazy drivers or traffic jams to deal with. VERY RELAXING! The only crazy driver I encountered was my husband when I shouted...STOP! a little too loudly, and a little too quickly, as we were traveling through the curvy Rich Mountains of Arkansas. I saw an amusing sign that I had to get a picture of... BEAR CROSSING! I quickly snapped the picture and ran back to the car as I was searching the deep woods to each side of me. My husband was laughing at me and trying to convince me to go back and stand behind the sign so he could take my picture with it...ha, ha... I think he was still a little upset that I made him stop for the picture in the first place. As we traveled on through the mountains I thought about that sign and how some days I probably do need to stand by it because I feel like an old grouchy grizzly bear. Don't you some days? Actually, it wasn't long before the beautiful scenery was in our rear view mirror and the heavy traffic, long lines, and crazy drivers were making my claws come out! That's why we all need to get out of the hustle and bustle of it all and RELAX when possible. Happy New Year to everyone and when you feel your claws coming out...change your scenery! Be Blessed...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this...I started one myself. I'll be sure to keep up with you this new season. XOXO Happy New Year!

Keli said...

I'm glad you had a good time, but glad you're back, too. I thought about staying with Fritz I felt so sorry for him being by himself. Him & Lucie got along and they even played a little bit. Lucie wanted to play more than Fritz did, though. Love you!