
Can you imagine a winter without coffee! Me either... I am going to advertise for a quaint little coffee house I stumbled upon during one of my travels to a reading conference. Actually it was like an angel steered us there. Some friends and I were traveling toward Austin and decided we would
stop at this neat pecan house outside of Corsicana, Texas. As we were checking out with our new found treasures of pecans, chocolate covered pretzels, flax seed, and the list goes on and on... I asked the owner was there any place close we could get a good sandwich and possibly a great cup of java. She didn't even take a breath and said, "Well yes I do! Have you tried Two Doors Down in Corsicana?" Of course, I said no, because I don't believe I had ever been to downtown Corsicana before. She told us they have the best freshly made chicken salad sandwiches and any kind of coffee you could imagine. So off we went in search of this great place. When we arrived we were greatly pleased with what we found. Very quaint, very friendly atmosphere, and yummy food. Besides coffee, another favorite of mine are books...well, they had a neat little room that had a library from the floor to the ceiling of old and new books you could pile up in a comfy chair, of course with a cup of their most excellent coffee, and read. The owner gave us the grand tour of the place and we all just fell in love. They have movie night every Sat. night in the streets, the owner also plays in a band that plays Contemporary Chrisitian music (which is my favorite) and his family helps him run the place. It was definitly a place I would visit again and the Almond Joy Latte was EXCELLENT! If you are ever anywhere near Corsicana and you love quaint towns, chicken salad, and great coffee...this is the place to visit. 
stop at this neat pecan house outside of Corsicana, Texas. As we were checking out with our new found treasures of pecans, chocolate covered pretzels, flax seed, and the list goes on and on... I asked the owner was there any place close we could get a good sandwich and possibly a great cup of java. She didn't even take a breath and said, "Well yes I do! Have you tried Two Doors Down in Corsicana?" Of course, I said no, because I don't believe I had ever been to downtown Corsicana before. She told us they have the best freshly made chicken salad sandwiches and any kind of coffee you could imagine. So off we went in search of this great place. When we arrived we were greatly pleased with what we found. Very quaint, very friendly atmosphere, and yummy food. Besides coffee, another favorite of mine are books...well, they had a neat little room that had a library from the floor to the ceiling of old and new books you could pile up in a comfy chair, of course with a cup of their most excellent coffee, and read. The owner gave us the grand tour of the place and we all just fell in love. They have movie night every Sat. night in the streets, the owner also plays in a band that plays Contemporary Chrisitian music (which is my favorite) and his family helps him run the place. It was definitly a place I would visit again and the Almond Joy Latte was EXCELLENT! If you are ever anywhere near Corsicana and you love quaint towns, chicken salad, and great coffee...this is the place to visit. 










6 comments:
If Almond Joy latte is an indicator of what else they have, this is a place I need to check out. YUMMY!! Next time I head to Dallas (by myself, because I'm not sure dh would enjoy that off-road deswtination), I need to wander off the highway to check it out!! sounds delightful, but I perhaps should add an extra hour onto my driving time to enjoy it! ha.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'd love to get to know you better!
Suzanne
Sounds like lots of fun...we will have to go some time!
That sure sounds like my kind of place. We pass through Corsicana on the way to hubby's family...I will try to remember this place.
Hey, sweetpea, thanks for coming over to my blog today and leaving a comment. I visit all who visit me and welcome them.
If you need help blogging you can email me by going to my profile page and the email is there on the left. I'll get back to you quickly. I have a tutorial on blogging that is very helpful if you'd like to learn more. But just KEEP bloggin', chickadee!!
Smooches,
Connie
That looks like an awesome place to sip and read ! I doubt if I'll ever be there in my lifetime, but who knows. Some places just instantly strike our fancy, don't they.
Hey friend...I tagged you to blog about a photo...come on over to my blog and check it out! Hope you are doing well.
Suzanne
Post a Comment