
As I was reading my notes this morning from last Sunday's message in Isaiah 56, I thought about how God speaks to us in so many ways throughout our day. Verse 6 & 7 tells us to, "Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong!" WOW.... wouldn't our work days be so wonderful if we all just did "these" things?
As I continued reading, my mind wandered off for a minute (I know no one else does that during your devotional time?) I thought of all the people North of us who were out of electricity and heat. So I began praying for God's protection and strength for all those thousands of misplaced ones.
Then I read verses 10-13, "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where briers grew, myrtles will sprout up. This miracle will bring great honor to the Lord's name; it will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."
I don't know about you but I am ready to hear the mountains sing and the trees clap. Even in the midst of all the turmoil around us in this crazy world isn't it good to know that God is still there and He is still in control!
Can you hear the mountains sing?










6 comments:
Very nice. Love the verses and your meaning of them. Thanks for sharing them!!!
I am trying, so very hard, to hear the mountains sing, everyday. Sometimes it's very difficult.
But I will keep trying. Thanks.
Honestly, I cannot imagine living hopelessly without knowing that God is in control!! I'd love to see those mountains again!!! Thanks for sharing, and for coming by my blog today!
Keep up the great sharing! We all need such encouragement!
Suzanne
Beautiful~
Thank you!
Michelle
I just found you. I love your blog. Nice to read these inspiring words during this time of problems in our world.
I so enjoyed this post, what peace it brought to my heart. I really cherish the blogs of Christian sisters like you. I was listening to 'Let It Rain' while I read this post---praise God! Yes, He is in control--what a relief! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment