Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Good Books??
Would love to have some reading ideas from my bloggy friends. I just finished "Crazy Love". WOW. One word...RADICAL. Ok, two words...Soul Searching. Anyone else read this? Thoughts?
I am reading "The Help" right now, but I am almost finished. Love it. I am the same with reading as I am with music. I love a lot of different genres, but I tend to read more self help, thought provoking books. I love music, but tend to always come back to Christian. I love K-LOVE. It is an awesome station. Anyone else listen to it?
Ok, back to books. Anyone else have a SHELFARI shelf?
Please pass along some good reads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












10 comments:
Hey Tara! How are ya, girl! I have especially been enjoying AW Tozer's "The Knowledge of the Holy". He discusses many attributes of God. I feel like it has deepened my awareness of God and my appreciation for Him. I would recommend that book to anyone. It's a little book, but it's powerful and I keep going back and reading it over and over. I'm looking forward to reading other books by him.
Hugs, Debbie
I have k-love on right now and listen to it all day, everyday! My husband and I are currently reading Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It was recommended by a friend who lost his wife a few years ago. We try to read a chapter together each day. On chapter four and liking the book.
I read The Help last summer and loved it. I also read Jane Eyre and think it just might be my favorite book :)
I need a good book to read also...
Hi Tara - wish I could come up with a good book for ya, but I just don't read much anymore. I met this author, Lisa Wingate, a few years ago - her husband was an artist that I did a workshop with. She writes lovely stories - family, everyday stories. I have read her "Tending Roses" series and most of the "Texas Hill Country" series. She & hubby and 2 boys live in S. Texas Hill Country. She's a great storyteller and her books are clean and full of good things and she rights from life and from people she knows usually. Here's a link for you...
http://www.lisawingate.com/
Hope you like her! Vickie
WRITES.... (can't believe I can't spell)
I'll have to check out Crazy Love. I have been so tired at the end of the day, when I open a even a magazine, I find myself nodding off! Think we need more sunshine!
Tara, my all-time fave is "Love Is A Wild Assault." It's the story of Harriett Potter Ames who came to Texas by way of the Texas Revolution. Right now, I'm reading Laura Bush's book which is quite good; she's a very descriptive writer. I know several people who have read "Crazy Love." Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy it.
Have a great weekend, honeybunch!
I was going to suggest "Heaven is For Real" then saw it on your shelf. Have you read Josh Hamilton's story....."Beyond Belief?"
Just stopping by to say 'Hi' :)
If you thought crazy love was radical, have you read RADICAL?
It is radical! Jackie
Post a Comment