Wednesday, August 10, 2011

this is for you, Vickie!

another view....

"Eventually I discovered for myself the utterly simple prescription for creativity: be intensely yourself. Don't try to be outstanding; don't try to be a success; don't try to do pictures for others to look at - just please yourself."- Ralph Steiner


13 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm assuming you mean ME!!! I'm loving your creativity and I can't wait to see the finished painting! You're so sweet!!! I wish I could loosen up and do some things like that! I paint so tight I squeek!

Thanks for the sneak peak, Tara!!!

Vickie said...

And I need to hang this quote up on my easel to remind myself to just "please myself"!!!

Tara said...

Yes, you are the one! You are about my only follower left. LOL...
I have been a horrible blogger this summer. Where has the time gone? I am going to just have to set aside a lil time to connect with my bloggy friends when school starts back....which btw is Monday!!! eeeeeeeee, I'm not ready!

Deb said...

awesome...

Unknown said...

Hi Tara,
What a happy little blog to visit. Love the song, your grand doggies and all the important people in your life. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and connecting in Kelly Rae's e-course.

Tanna said...

OH, I LOVE IT!! i can see I need to investigate this class you've been lovin'!! And, this quote is perfect. I was so sad that I couldn't meet you all in Longview! My loss for sure. Looking forward to seeing more! blessings ~ tanna

Diana Ferguson said...

Great job. I can't paint a lick!

Anonymous said...

SHE IS NOT!!!! I resemble that remark! lol I'm lovin' that art! Lovelovelove the paper/paint mediums! You'd best make a few, because I want one! TTYL!

Vickie said...

Hey, missy - you better get busy and get some artwork done. You're going to have visitors! Come see me!

Paula said...

WOW~ that is beautiful, Tara! Vickie sent me your way... just wanted to say howdy!

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, doesn't that apply to most everything in life? Nice blog.

lori vliegen said...

oh wow, this quote is a keeper.....love it! and speaking of LOVE, how about your artwork!!! fabulous, girl!! xox

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I have a new little business venture, and I really need for the creativity to start flowing over here. Love your art work! Jackie