Friday, February 20, 2009

Evidence of His Handiwork...

I read this article this week and had to share it:
Bees Outsmart Scientists!

Scientists have long recognized that bees are intelligent creatures. Many believe that this intelligence is the product of millions of years of natural selection. But the extremely fast learning ablility of the bee puts in doubt the millions of years and instead shows the hand of the Creator.
Researchers at Princeton Univ. decided to find out whether bees were smart enough to find their food source if it was moved. The researchers moved the prime food source fifty meters farther from the hive. It took the bees less than one minute to locate the moved food source. The men then moved the food source another fifty meters away. The bees still took less than a minute to find the food source. Two more moves, each a precise fifty meters, produced the same results.
However, the bees had also been studying the researchers. Before the researchers could move the food another fifty meters, they found the bees had discovered the pattern and were already waiting at the new location!
God is our Creator and has clearly left evidence of His handiwork-His fingerprints-in the creation itself. For those who have eyes to see, this fills us with wonder, and yes, with love for the Creator God who first loved us.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth the...creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so." -Genesis 1:24

12 comments:

Barb said...

hope you feel better soon....Barb

Lois Christensen said...

That is an amazing article! It always amazes when scientists figure out something and realize that God was behind it all!!!

Sue said...

This is so awesome, we have bee hives here on the farm, and I can't wait to share this with my husband!!! We serve an awesome God!!!!
Blessings,
Sue

SILVER said...

"So blessed" just caught my eye. My own devotional this morning just can't make me help but feel that this is true.

Amidst of life's trials, we can still always stand proud to say,
"I AM STILL SO BLESSED!!"

hugs,

Silver
from One Day at a Time/ Reflections

Elenka said...

I don't know if human being would be so smart!!
Good story.

Michelle Palmer said...

LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing the article...God is AMAZING~ and I get goosebumps when He smiles & lets us have a peek into His "proving methods!"
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

How interesting!--If the scientists would just read and believe the Bible they'd already know all of this stuff! (o;

Thanks for sharing. (o:

Karen said...

I LOVED that post about the bees! God's handiwork is so amazing.
I am enjoying your blog!
Karen

Christina Lee said...

I just LOVE hearing stories like that! lovely artwork too!

Elenka said...

tulips in hand !! tulips in hand!! Some things are just not fair!! (answer to your comment...) Enjoy those flowers for me, too.

Maisy said...

just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and sharing with me what you want to be when you grow up. i love both ideas. you must be talented..
happy monday and thanks again!!

Lisa said...

CHANGING OUT MY HEADER WAS AN EXPERIMENT THAT I JUST KEPT AT UNTIL I GOT IS KINDA RIGHT. HOW ABOUT IF I BLOG ABOUT IT TOMORROW? WILL THAT HELP?

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/