Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I know...it's not the cute scarf!



Well, the cute scarf didn't happen. I couldn't find the right material or the colors I wanted to use so I tried my hand at another project I saw somewhere while blogging. I look at so many blogs, I forget sometimes where I see these great ideas. The pictures don't really do it justice. I need a better camera in order to get the right effect. Anyway... I found this neat glass Ball jar at an antique shop last week for $2.00, with the lid! I used tissue paper and Modge Podge to decorate the jar. I tore the hearts from different shades of pink and red and layered them over the white and soft pink tissue paper. Last, I had some rub on scrapbooking words that fit the occasion, so I put them here and there on the hearts. I plan to tie some threads or ribbons around the throat of the jar and add some beads to it to finish it off. Then fill it with either candy or homemade cookies, haven't decided on that yet. Still have a little time to make up my mind about that.


Oh... and the 2 cutie pictures behind my latest creation came from my favorite craft store... Hobby Lobby... 1/2 price this week. Better run and get you some of those. They were going fast!

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Too cute!!! Love the idea! And I'm so like you. I find these great ideas or recipes and think, "Oh I'm definitely going to do that" and then forget where I was when I had that wonderful idea! Can you believe I have nothing for Valentine's Day??? I think some shopping might be in the plans for today!!! Have a blessed day!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, and now I will have to add you to my favorites. It is rare to have people my age that are at the same place in life. I have loved reading your posts, and love your creative ideas. My son has been urging me to spend time creating. He is an art major,and says I actually have some talent. Love Fritz. Stella(my min schnauzerf) is the queen at this house. She is about 8 years old, and she is sharing that status with my daughters MS Chloe for a little while longer. We we be heading to take her home next weekend. I am approaching 48 next week glad to meet another almost 50 in blogland. I still feel very young . My kids keep me that way. I will be back. Jackie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You did such a great job on this project! It is perfect for Valentine's Day.

Aren't there so many wonderful ideas floating around? I spend so much time getting ideas, there isn't much time left to make them.

Joy said...

I love Hobby Lobby. I made something similar to your project. I glued the scraps of tissue paper on a clear glass jar, and then wrote lines from a poem on it, threaded beads on wire and made a hanger for the jar and put a battery operated 'tealight' in it.