Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love is in the air...

LOVE…
Is very patient
Is kind
Is never jealous
Is never envious
Is never boastful
Is never proud
Is never haughty
Is never selfish
Is never rude
Does not demand its own way
Is not irritable or touchy
Does not hold grudges
Will hardly even notice when others do it wrong
Is never glad about injustice
Rejoices whenever truth wins out
Is loyal no matter what the cost
Will always believe
Will always expect the best
Will always defend
Goes on forever

-St. Paul the Apostle, condensed from I. Corinthians 13:4-8

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I read your comment on another blog and since you commented that you were a relatively new blogger I decided to drop by for a visit. I've been blogging a little over a year now and it has really opened up a whole new world for me. I had no idea I would meet so many wonderful people in blogland.
I love this scripture in I Corinthians that you shared. Very appropriate any time, but especially now that as you said "Love is in the air." You're close to the age of my daughter. She's 49. Doesn't seem possible. Seems like I should be about that age. The years certainly had a way of sneaking up on you.
Ginger of Enchanting Cottage and I host a blog called Spiritual Sundays. We would love to have you join us in sharing your posts like the one today. Here's the url if you would like to check it out.
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/
Blessings,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I must be getting old. I just reread this and realized my daughter is just 48 not 49. I know she wouldn't appreciate me aging her.
Charlotte

Balisha said...

Hi,
These words were part of my wedding ceremony.Wonderful scripture.

Lois Christensen said...

Love this scripture. And I think you should participate in Spiritual Sunday as the first comment suggested!! Thanks for your beautiful words on my blog this morning. That was a hard one for me to write, but needed it!!!

southerninspiration said...

Is this artwork yours??? How pretty, and yes, I love to ponder this Scripture!!
thanks!

Suzanne

Barb said...

This was also part of our wedding....Barb

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Precious Scripture and beautiful picture. I too was wondering if you created it.

Maisy said...

Thanks so much for the reminder of what love is. I tend to get caught up in my day to day life that I forget to check myself.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Phyllis said...

It is her artwork. She created it for me over a year ago less than a month after I first met her. My husband is a cancer patient and she said as she was praying for us one night God put this verse in her heart. Psalm 51:10 Create in me a new heart, O God, Renew a right spirit within me. She got up "from her bed" and painted this for me. Then she wrote the scripture around the edge of the canvas and brought it to me at school the next morning. It just happened to be the day we were leaving to go back to Houston for my husband's first check-up. It meant the world to me then as well as now. It hangs in my classroom where I can see it everyday. Thank you Tara...I hope you don't mind me sharing the story...I love you!

Phyllis

southerninspiration said...

Well, now Phyllis, how cool is that???? What a precious gift!
Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne

Barb said...

Thank you for the prayer it made me cry, my oldest daughter has divorced and has my sweet grandson she is struggling to keep her house and pay bills and hasn't had any child support so I am worried about her losing her home,she knows that they can always live with us but she wants her own space....Barb

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Art Work! When we allow the love of God to dwell in us, everywhere we go His love is in the air. Drop by and visit me sometime.
Blessings,