Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sooo Proud!

I couldn't believe my eyes...actually I think I had tears in my eyes when I first saw this picture. If you will scroll back and look at a previous post of mine called, "Adding Number 5" you will see why I am so proud. Remember I had a few friends over a couple of weeks ago to show them how to paint with paper....well, if you will look at the picture with the purple and yellow torn paper on it you will see the BIG difference.

See what I mean? WOW....

I asked my friend this week if she had finished the picture we had started and she said yes, but you won't recognize it because I completely changed it. She said when she got it home she didn't like the way it looked and that she didn't know what she was going to do to change it. Well, I told her my sister, the art teacher, always says, "If you don't like your art, then it just isn't finished yet." Soooo....she decided to make this picture for her son's room. I believe he helped her pick out the pictures, then she began to create something totally different than where she began.

Well, she likes it now and so do I, so I would say she it is definitely finished now and I am sooo proud! Way to go J!

9 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

What a great picture!! I'm particularly fond of the "army motiff!!" Thanks for sharing the picture, enjoy your day!!!

southerninspiration said...

I love that quote, "if you don't like your art, then you're just not finished with it yet!"......cool!

Suzanne

Balisha said...

That picture is wonderful. I love the quote too!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your Painting with paper is so neat! I love the technique. Your friend's "finally" finished piece is great!

Elenka said...

ha ha...I'm an art teacher, too. I also say,(to myself) if you don't like your art, it's probably over-done! Sometimes you need to give it the heave-ho and start over again. It all depends, of course, what media you are using.
See what an inspiration you are to others !

Elenka said...

Funny, you should visit Maine, it's great.
The funny part is, we are looking into taking a trip to San Antonio for a few days. My husband had been there once for a conference and wants to take me there. I was at the Houston airport once for about 2 hours, but that's it !
Should be nice in April, no?

Lois Christensen said...

I gave you an award on my blog!!!

Michelle Palmer said...

I wondered if it was you who purchased two journals! THANK YOU! I put them in the mail before noon...you might have them by Tuesday! Thank you for letting me know it was you~
My daughter noticed the contact name as soblessed...I told her that I had met a "blog friend" with that "handle"~
I LOVE being an artist...but I do not have the best technical skills~ I didn't want to ask...and have it not be you!
I LOVE the journals & the folks that receive them as gifts have too...So I hope you enjoy them!
Hugs!
Michelle

Unknown said...

I love Mrs. J, her work is so touching. When I saw it I felt tears as well. She's so creative. Keep it up Mrs. J. Way to GO!