he gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak...isaiah 43:1
my flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...psalms 73:26
so...i was pondering about this time of year and how it can be a sort of mix of seasons in the world around us and in our own lives...
you know...like spring is impatietly peeking its head out all around us and everything begins to start to feel fresh and new...
yet we get a lingering freeze from winter that stops the budding flowers dead in their tracks... new life keeps trying to push its way in and the harshness of winter fights to remain...and the storms that happen when the two clash...i think we refer to it as tornado season here...it can also be a sort of mix of seasons at our workplace... a time of finishing up where you are and planning and dreaming for what is to come...in the summer and in the new year...it can even be tiring and discouraging, this transition of seasons...
and yet, God has a plan and strength for us in every season...when spring is pushed back by a winter freeze...God is still in control...when cancer invades a friend...God is still in control...when we are tired or weary or worried...God is the strength of our hearts and what we can count on forever...take heart...God is the constant in every season!

This torn paper picture was the inspiration for my blog name. I was inspired while spending a weekend at a lovely East Texas B&B with my sister (my artsy inspiration) and a few artsy fartsy friends. We were so pampered and spoiled for 2 days. We rose to the smell of coffee and a surprise breakfast each morn. Were served 3 yummy meals for 2 days. Walked through beautiful gardens of flowers and herbs and created, created, created. It was a dream weekend. So, I am longing for one of those again in the near future! trying to wait patiently...










8 comments:
You are so right,God is constant in all seasons,sometimes we forget and have to be reminded. Thank you for reminding me today.
Blessings,
Sue
What beautiful scriptures you posted!! And I love the one you posted on my blog for me. THanks! That's always been a favorite of mine and I truly am waiting on the Lord for one day to be completely healed but until that day comes I'll just keep on loving HIM!!!
Loved your post today....Barb
Those verses from Isaiah and Psalms on your blog were two that meant so much to me during Caleb's illness. Thank you for your encouragement today.
Karen
You spoke right to my soul. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!
HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
What a beautiful blog. The B&B sounds heavenly with the great food, flowers and herbs. The scents must have been incredible! I am Karen's (Lily Valley's) sister and I have enjoyed visiting with you this afternoon. Mildred
I love the torn paper designs. I have had kids work with torn paper, but I never really do myself. Thanks for opening my mind on that one.
Post a Comment