Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Lord is there...



I painted this picture a few months back when I was studying the names of Jesus in the bible. This one really captured my attention at the time, Jehovah Shammah...the Lord is there!

Lately it seems as if every time the phone rings, or I talk to a friend or love one, or an email arrives there is bad news of sickness, death, or loss of someone or something. Even though it seems like all around us the walls are trying to crash in, I have to remind myself...the Lord is there! AMEN?

As I was reading my devotional this morning from Jennifer Rothschild's book, Fresh Grounded Faith, (who by the way is blind) I saw this remark: The walk of faith requires following even when we can't see or understand. "Faith ain't got no eyes, but she's long legged." It's true.
*One step at a time, we must trust God more than we trust our feelings.
*One step at a time, we must receive what we can't reckon.
*One step at a time, we have to accept what we can't avoid.

In 1 Peter 1:8 Peter said, Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.

I want to be able to trust Him more today than I did yesterday. If I don't understand all that is going on around me, I just keep following. If I am saddened by the news I hear daily from friends, family, and acquaintances, I will continue to be filled with inexpressible and glorious joy and I will continue knowing that the Lord (JEHOVAH SHAMMAH) is there!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

AMEN, THANKS FOR SHARING

HUGS FROM MAINE

Lois Christensen said...

Thanks for sharing something we all need! Love knowing that my Lord is with me!! Praying for you! Thanks for following me..AGAIN!!! Have no clue what happened!

Joy said...

Our pastor was speaking about the names of God a few months ago, and I was comforted by the name ??? can't remember, I know I wrote it down, but it's 'The God Who Hears'. It gave me such comfort. He hears our cries of help and gives us hope. Praise God!

SILVER said...

My darling lady,

This is a very encouraging post! It's true- these days i seem to hear of such bsd news and i am just so saddened!

Anyway, i just realised that i'd missed out one of your sweet comments under the "Something No one Needs" post the other day.

Just acknowledged it- sorry.. took a little longer than usual!!

Hope you've got your Google Widget back to working order??

hugs-

Karen said...

Yes, I loved your post today! We walk by faith not by sight. Thank you so much for reminding me.

Debbie said...

Love the painting. What a wonderful way to show your love for the Lord.

The Lord is there! Amen!!
I needed this today. Thank you for sharing your painting and your heart.