
OK ladies. I need some help. It all started a couple of weeks ago when I tried to comment on one of you ladies blogs. Well, it wouldn't let me leave a comment??? I thought, Hmmmm...what is the deal here. I haven't ever encountered that before. So a couple of days passed by and a couple more blogs wouldn't let me comment. I was then getting worried that for some strange reason I was being blocked or something???
I first tried several different avenues at fixing it myself, then finally tucked my tail and asked Joy @ http://goodmorningmarysunshine.blogspot.com/ to see if she knew why I couldn't comment on hers. She did something on her blog and I was able to comment after that, but we neither one know what that something was. LOL....
We really aren't sure if what she did fixed it or if what I was doing on my end fixed it. This past weekend I started counting up all the blogs that I follow AND can not comment on AND now I am totally FRUSTATED. I sign in, go to my dashboard, look at each blog I follow, then try to comment. (some I can and some I can't) I follow the same procedure every time!
Here are a few of the blogs that I can't comment on:
LDH @ http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com
Gigi @ http://happilyeverafter2002.blogspot.com
Karen @ http://lilyvalley-karen.blogspot.com
Michelle @ http://www.vintagesquirrel.com
Lesley @ http://lesleydotsonfamily.blogspot.com
Suzanne @ http://southernlivingatitsbest.blogspot.com
Sue @ http://beautifulpeartreelane.blogspot.com
Becky @ http://holidayinthesun-becky.blogspot.com
Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?










12 comments:
I see I'm on your list and I'm so sorry I've missed your comments. It wasn't something I did on my end for sure. You could try going to the blogger help forum and see if there is anything helpful there. I did that once, but it didn't solve my problem. I had a problem where everyone was locked out of my blog. I had added some widgets that affected the ability for some to see my blog. I went back and deleted most of the widgets that were fairly recent...and it fixed it. I wish I could tell you what to do, but maybe someone with more techy finesse can help.
Suzanne
If the blogger you mentioned can tell us what she did to enable comments, then we could all do it, too.
Wait...I think I'm going ot be able to leave you a comment now... I wasn't able to a few minutes ago.
First of all, make sure your signed in (top right-hand corner), and see if that makes any difference.
-Michelle
I experiemented by posting a comment on one of those, and I was able to do it. If I think of anything, I'll come back and let you know.
Hello Dear Garden Friend! I had the same problem when I first started blogger by Google. Please check to see that you can receive 'third' party cookies on your security settings. It is up in your browsers pull down menu on Netscape / firebox ( whatever you use!) I hope this helps.
Stop by my blog to check out what is going on this Bloom Tuesday. I am big fan of your work and I hope you continue to share.
Happy Spring !
Hey Gal, I think since they changed over to google reader a lot of people have had trouble leaving comments from time to time. The third party cookie thing sounds like something to try, but I just kept visiting and trying at different blogs and eventually was able to leave comments again.
I don't think they have gotten all the kinks worked out of the google reader thing yet...I've had all kinds of issues from time to time...even yesterday I couldn't get a post to look right.
Thanks for following my blog. I love making new friends. Look forward to getting to know you better! Hope you get it all worked out.
Blessings and joy,
Becky
Nothing is ever perfect, right? Google Reader sometimes takes half a day to show a new post on my blog. What's up with that??? I can only imagine how frustrating it is to want to leave a comment and get regjected...oh wait, that's happened to me as well!!! Hope you get it figured out!!!
I have no ideal but justed wanted to say hi and have a great day....Barb
Well, here I am...goodmorningmarysunshine...Sorry you are having the trouble again. I remember saying that you could possibly leave a comment as 'annoymous' and then identify yourself, but of course, that is not fixing anything. I know how frustrating that can be... I'll try to remember what it was that I did... but my gut feeling is that it is in your settings. I noticed a comment from you on my blog, so thanks. I'm wondering if it is how you are signing in when you try to leave a comment, although, you are probably trying everything.
Joy again... when you click on 'dashboard' go to 'settings' and read about 'Open ID'. Maybe that might give you some ideas??
Oh, and thanks for the comment about my Aunt's house. She is a wonderful Christian lady, I love to visit with her. She (and another Uncle)are the last of that generation of the Aunt's and Uncles--she has a lot of stories to share.
I am not very "Intuitive" when it comes to computers, as younger generation says, but I hope it gets fixed soon. I love hearing from you!
Thanks so much for your prayers, and I wish I could be of help, but I am so computer illiterate that I would be of no help at all. Jackie
Post a Comment