Sunday, April 19, 2009

Poetry Month


Did you know April is National Poetry Month? I love poetry! Do you have a favorite poem? A poem that stirs your soul? A poem you have personally written? I wouldn't be able to fit all the poems I enjoy on this post, so I will just share one lovely poem written by a lady named Caitlin Dundon. This poem inspired my torn paper picture.

We are dragonflies suspended in the morning air.
Moving quickly back and forth and back and forth again.
Transformed from our youth, we rise above the shallow lake,
shimmering too much in the dappled sunshine.
We zigzag across the mirrored surface searching for a soulmate.
Mile after lonely mile until at last we fly in tandem.
Full of grace and shine and light we start the magical process again.

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Very nice poem. Had no clue it's poetry month, but maybe that's why my son had to work on a poetry book of his own in school this month??? Makes sense now! Love your artwork, very pretty!!

Joy said...

I sure do like your art work---I'm trying to figure out what you teach... art? English Lit.? You have a creative soul.

Karen said...

Beautiful poem and artwork. I love anything about dragonflies and butterflies.
Beautiful post.

SILVER said...

My blessed lady! How have you been?

Just sending you some love and hugs ..