We stayed in the Garfield Suites which seemed to be in an older part of downtown.
Very musty and smelly room. Allergies went haywire!Our conference was in the Duke Energy Center (not bad), but compared to last years conference at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville....well, need I say more?

We did have a really nice meal one of the evenings we were there. We ate at Rock Bottom Brewery located in the Fountain Square where all the action seems to be.

Just wouldn't want to be out and about in any of these areas after dark. Especially with just a bunch of women! Even our hotel receptionist told us not to be on the streets alone after dark. YIKES! We followed his advice.
After a stroll around the Fountain Square we stopped in and had some delicious ice cream at Graeters, which has been in buisness since 1870. YUM! I highly recommend the Raspberry Sorbet.

By then the sun was starting to set, so we quickly made our way back toward our hotel. On the way, we were stopped by several homeless people asking for money. Made me sad, but now I know why he told us not to be on the streets after dark!
Loved the 80 degree, no humidity weather while I was there, but I can honestly say I was glad when my plane FINALLY landed in Texas, even though it was 102 degrees and VERY humid.
One more thing....if you are curious to learn about the Japanese culture, I highly recommend this new blog. http://pepperandshane.blogspot.com
Very sweet couple!










5 comments:
Glad you're back. Would have hated to stay in that hotel!!!
so happy you are safe and back at home,thanks for the comment on the black eyed susans they are one of my fav flowers also, the pic was of some in my front flower bed and they are so pretty and easy to take care of....Barb
Rasberry Sorbet? Sounds gooood!
~Silver
Reflections
so glad you had a good trip....although i don't blame you for wishing your conference had been in a different city! at least the sorbet was good, and hey, that's very important!! thanks for the japan blog link....i'm going to pass it on to my husband, who has travelled there very often. and....most importantly, thanks so much for your sweet wishes on my blog....i love it when you visit! :)
So... you weren't too energized by The Duke Energy Center... girl, you get around!
Post a Comment