Saturday, October 17, 2009

Queen for the Day!



Sure was fun being
"Queen for the Day!"



Had a great lunch served on this!
So fun!


My sweet friend Sherry made this yummy apple tart w/homemade whip cream!

YUMMO.


Here are a few pics from the "Chair/Birthday Party" I mentioned about in a previous post.
I believe my Artsy-Fartsy sister's chair won the prize for

"Wildest Chair".


She loves color.

Can you tell?


Laurie, the "Hostess with the Mostest" chair would definately make Mary Engelbreit very proud.
Isn't it cute?


My artsy friend, Sherry's conservative chair that is going in her girly room where she does her best studying to teach all of us hard heads in Sunday School.
She is a jewel.


Laurie, our hostess made us party favors out of

DOMINOES!



We were all so excited, we made her give us a tutorial on "how to" make one

before we left the chair party.

We had so much fun making these easy projects.



Now I have more to add to my "TA-DA" list.

Oh, I borrowed that saying from my bloggy friend, Suzanne.

She is another jewel in my life!

Isn't it great how God puts so many wonderful people into your life through so many different ways.


One more thing...

GOT A NEW CAMERA!!!

Can't tell I was excited about getting what I was wishing for,

can you?

Now I have to read instructions on how to use it! LOL...

God has truly blessed me with wonderful talented friends and family.

I have SO much to be thankful for.

Thanks for sharing my journey through this AMAZING, some days crazy, some days calm... LIFE, that God has truly blessed me with.

(If you are wondering where my chair is....well, it is still on the "TA-DA" list.

TTFN...




8 comments:

lori vliegen said...

happy "queen's" day!!! actually, you have such a big, caring heart, i think that it's "happy queen-of-hearts day"!! looks like you had a great time....i love the way everyone decorated their chairs!! and congrats on your new camera!! :))

Barb said...

what a fun ideal and everyone's chairs are so creative,can't wait to see yours later....Barb

southerninspiration said...

Aww, aren't you the sweetest????? And I am so, so glad you had a Queen's Day.....you deserve it! You are looking so cute, too! ;)

Suzanne

BECKY said...

Hi Sweetie and Happy Birthday to you!! A camera? That is so cool! I need a new one, too because my little grandy Emily got ahold of mine and dropped it. It still works but has many quirks!!

Love the whole chair idea!! Very cute chairs, too! glad you had a wonderful time!!

I won't even let you look at my TA DA list!! HA!!!

Blessings for a great week!!
Love n hugs,
Becky

Susan B said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! Happy Birthday! The chairs turned out wonderful. Thank you for sharing your day.

Diana Ferguson said...

Wow! Looks like ya'll had a great party in your honor!!

Cute chairs by the way.

Stop in soon!!!

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Glad you stopped by-LOVE your chair:)
Blessings,
Pam

Teri Leigh said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful thing for your friends to do. Sounds like you had a great time. Happy Queen's day!!! I was reading your profile and boy do we have a lot in common. So fun :)