Friday, March 20, 2009

Bloggy friends fault!

Okay...because of all my bloggy friends posting about spring today, I had to quickly add a new post. Yesterday's post reminded me too much of fall (well the pic did!)

I can't wait for my yard to look like this again.

Awww....spring.

Don't you just love things new and fresh?

I saw another cool quote this morn as I was reading my devotional.

I love this...

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy. They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

Does someone in your life make your soul blossom? Scripture reminds us that "oil and perfume make the heart glad, so a man's counsel is sweet to his friend" Proverbs 27:9

If you don't feel you have that kind of friend, then become one.

Isn't that good advice?

Well my prayer today is that I will be a good friend to many. I feel blessed with many new friends through blogging. Thanks to all who stop by and leave such sweet comments and thanks for your prayers for a speedy recovery. I feel like a new woman today. I am ready to get outside and enjoy this springy weather.

Headin outdoors... toodles!


Just a few hours later...

I love the outdoors, but I don't like when I nearly step on THESE!


Me and my Fritzy are still shakin.

I am going to have to bake my neighbor some cookies or something for coming to my rescue.

16 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Silly question, is that the tree from your profile picture? Your garden from last year looks so pretty!! Can't wait to see what you do this year!

Lois Christensen said...

I'm back...that would have scared me to death and kept me off the grass for months!!! Your neighbor reminds me of our neighbor...2 years ago, my son and I noticed a dead bunny on our lawn. Well this bunny was not only dead but cut in half!!! Apparently my daughter must have "gotten" him with the lawn mower and never notice. It was a baby!!! I couldn't go near it and my usually brave son couldn't either, but thankfully our neighbor was able to come and put the poor little bunny in a bag. How sad. But how terrifying to have snakes THAT SIZE near you!!!

Jennifer said...

That snake is so long! EEK! I would have lost it!

Unknown said...

The only snake I like is a DEAD SNAKE!!!

Joy said...

Your home looks so welcoming and inviting--very pretty. Oh, that snake! It looks 10 feet long--I can't stand snakes. Once I stepped on one--felt like stepping on a water hose--I almost puked from the feel--the snake hissed. The Dogwood tree is beautiful--I love Dogwoods, it was my mom's favorite tree.

Sue said...

Love this post!!!! That snake reminds me of one that I had last year.Love your plants. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Michelle Palmer said...

Beautiful words...beautiful photos...MMmmmmm spring on the calendar here, but snow on the ground yesterday morning. All the sweet little sprouts were shivering! We have corn snakes & milk snakes that get a bit long n' creepy...but yours take the cake! ***quiver...quiver****
:) Hope your weekend is wonderful...
Michelle

SILVER said...

Yikes! where i live is hilly too- and many of my neighbours have said spotting cobras..

me don't like that either!!

my dear, i don't see the Follower sign in thingy.. are you planning to have it displayed? hugs-

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

We rarely find snakes in our yard but if I did, I would have the same reaction as you!

Got your message from Joy @ goodmorningmarysunshine. Please don't worry about not being able to post comments on my blog. I am thrilled you are stopping by for a visit!

Joy said...

I've just noticed that the snake has been cut in half...yuck. Thanks for the comment on my blog--I will have to do some 'research' and see when you had your surgery--missed that part. Glad you are feeling better.

cathleen said...

Beautiful photos...beautiful quote but then...the snake...eeewwwww!!! Now I'm scared!

Barb said...

oh my goodness.I am terrified of snakes I'm glad you have a good neighbor....Barb

Always a Southern Girl said...

I love spring and it's coming. But it hasn't arrived in our neck of the woods just yet. I see you're from NE Texas, We spent sometime there once on vacation. Around Jefferson, and Cado Lake State Park. Beautiful country!!

Southern Comfort said...

Those are very pretty pictures. I'd love for my yard to look that way right now. Thanks for leaving me a comment, it is always so appreciated!

Lisa said...

YOU ARE SO WRITE WITH THIS. I JUST GOT SOME GODLY COUNSEL YESTERDAY.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Lesley said...

I absolutely loved your post - the scriptures and devotional were great. I was lovin' until...OH MY GOODNESS...I HATE snakes. I am terrified of them. I am so glad you have such brave neighbors. LOL