Saturday, May 30, 2009

Things are shapin up!


Hydrangeas

Just wanted to give you a little peek of my yard. We have had SO much rain lately, that my beds are really shapin up quickly. As soon as school is out, I will be working in those beds. Great therapy.

Salvia bush

Japanese Maple

Lillies

Hen & Chicks

Lemon Grass (I think that is what it is called?)

One last thing....Baby boy will be 23 on Sunday! He and sister are my pride and joy! We took him out to eat to Chilis for his birthday. We had a great time. Basketball playoffs were on the big screen, so he was happy!


One more week until summer break! I can't wait!!!

9 comments:

BECKY said...

Hey Gal!! I just saw that you are from northeast Texas!! Whereabouts? We have family in Hooks and Texarkana!! We were just there last Thanksgiving. Would love to do it again this year, but we have the expense of my family reunion in NC so we may only go to Texas in the off year in between!!

That's cool that you make jewelry, too!! I have said anything about this yet but I also began making my own glass beads!! Haven't done any in awhile, but want to get back to it!!

Your hydrangeas are to die for, girl!! Your beds are gorg! Mine need work too since we have been getting so much rain!! I'll get to them in a couple of days!!

I homeschoool, and we will be going through the summer with our schooling, but we will definitely have some summer fun as well!!

Have a joyful weekend!!

Blessings,
Becky

BECKY said...

Pardon my typos!! I could probably be nominated as the typo queen!! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Bren Haas said...

Your garden is looking a like Summer! We just got out of school on Friday. LOVIN IT!!!!
Thanks for sharing your fabulous garden... can't wait to stop back and see what is blooming soon.

Please stop by my garden sometime.

southerninspiration said...

Oh, things are looking so good up there! I LOVE that hydrangea! Happy B'day to your boy!
Doesn't time just fly by?

Suzanne

Barb said...

I posted things blooming in my yard also,great minds think alike(LOL)....Barb

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Everything is looking good! Amazing what rain will do. Everything here is lush and green but just wait until July and August when everything is parched and/or dormant because we are in a drought.

Lois Christensen said...

Love the color pink on those hydrangeas!! And the rest of your garden looks beautiful! Please wish your son a happy birthday from us! I love Chili's!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Karen said...

My baby was 23 on the 23rd! It still seems odd sometimes to have to look up to talk to him! Bless you and your family!

Stacey said...

Everything looks so pretty! It's a jungle around here with the wonderful rains we've been getting. It's always a blessing to start summer with rain instead drought.

On that last plant picture...were you talking about the grass or the bush? The bush is a spirea...I don't know about the grass. If I'm just telling you what you already know ignore me. :)