
I ordered this great recycled children's book by Michelle Palmer a few months ago. She finds used board books at yard sales and turns them into a work of art. Then you can embellish them any way you like. Some suggestions were a memory book, journal, or brag book. Check out her blog, she is so talented. I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do a link yet (I know, I know...I'm sure it is simple, but I just haven't done it yet) so, put Board book to Memory book in her search box and it will take you to the post all about it.
http://michellepalmerart.blogspot.com/
I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to embellish this great book, but I knew I was going to give it to my daughter next month for her birthday. Thought I better get busy on it. As you have seen in my past posts I have been playing around with paper napkins and tissue paper art.
So..... I did this to the front...

and this inside...

and this...

and this...

and this...

Not sure if I am completely through or not. May add just a tad more before wrapping it up for sweet girls birthday.
OH, and if any of you bloggy friends want to send me your extra paper napkins, you would be recycling AND donating to a great cause (my therapy)!!! LOL...










11 comments:
oh my goodness! your daughter is going to LOVE this!! what a treasure....great job! :)
That is incredible! I love it. She will love it. WAY TO GO!
Goodness,such a treasure!!!
Suzanne
Wow Gal!! You did an awesome job on this, and on the things in your previous post! I love how you combine colors and text! So pretty and they just say "Look at me!!" You have a definite way with color!!
Your daughter will love this inspirational book you created! Who wouldn't??
Hope you have a joyful week!
HUGS,
Becky
This is awesome! So beautiful and what a treasure!!
Darla♥
You are so talented! I have tried this with paper napkins and NOTHING I have done looks anything like what you create!! Actually, it's been so bad I've just thrown them out!!! Great job!
Pure art! Oh my goodness you have a way with paper. I love that book and could see you doing some wonderful Christmas presents with that idea....so pretty!
Hey Sweet Friend,
The book is just lovely!
My daughter made one for me two years ago and I treasure it so.
Beautiful color combos...you really have a gift.
Blessings always!
That is so cool! I love it, especially the bird and with the flowers on the opposite page. This looks like so much fun... it's a great idea, I'll go check out the other person's blog or website or whatever it is. I could send you some napkins---I'm always buying them cause there are so many pretty and unique patterns, designs, etc. Let me know if you want me to send any and we can connect through e-mail. Great job! Oh, and thanks for your comments on my blog!!! Things are going good. (Praise God!)
Awesome! I love what you are doing!
FANTASTIC!!!! :) Thanks so much for letting me know you posted pictures...
You are SO CREATIVE!
Hope you're having a great summer...
Thank you for sharing~
Michelle
Post a Comment