
Do you ever have days where you think you are just going to have to turn around, go back home, and climb under the covers?
I've had a few of those lately. When these days happen, I try to do things that lift my spirits, such as; turn up the praise and worship music, or read a favorite bible verse, or hide in my art room and create something.
On one particular day last week as I was traveling to work, an inspiring song came on K-LOVE, (do you get that radio station in your area?) I just love it. It helps me get my mind, heart, and soul on track each morning before I face what the day brings. I just sat in my car in the school parking lot, closed my eyes, and listened to the words of this song. It really got my stinkin' thinkin' turned around.
I wondered all day who it was singing the song, because I couldn't place who it was. So, as soon as I got home, I googled the song title and found out that it was a song by Miley Cyrus. I was quite surprised, since I thought she mostly sang teen pop songs.
See what you think about it. Here are the lyrics. It is also the 2nd song on my playlist at the bottom of my blog. Turn up the volume, sit back, relax, and let me know what you think.
I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes they knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on, cause
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith
Whoa a oh oh










7 comments:
I love it!! There always seems to be a mountain I'm facing and this song is perfect!!! Thanks!
this is a great song! i've heard it before, but like you i had no idea it was miley cyrus....what a surprise! i love the lyrics....and you're right, it will definitely help to move that "stinkin' thinkin'" (i love that!) out of our heads!
happy day to you! :)
God bless K-love! Madison and I listen every morning. Just give us that extra little something in the morning! Have great my friend!
Tara,
I Love the lyrics!
Thank you so much for sharing. I hadn't heard it before.
Check out a song entitled "Follow You" by Leeland. That is a new for me that really touches my heart about ministering to the needy.
Hope today is a good day for you, sweet friend.
Sending hugs!
Sometimes we just feel like we might be crossing through a mountain range huh!
Good luck to you as you begin the new school year here in Texas.
Blessings!
I do love that song. I like Miley's music (just not the hannah m stuff so much!). I heard it today and it touched me as well. Stinkin' thinkin'... be gone! -tammy
I have been raising 4 teenagers for the past few years and you can get pretty down but this song is right on. It is not about what is on the other side but the climb, the character building in the midst of life. Thanks for talking about this song. I really enjoyed it.
Post a Comment