Sunday, January 24, 2010
I believe it works...
I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, but I am proof that it works.
This crazy looking contraption called a Neti Pot helped me shake this crud a lot quicker than usual. Along with rest, LOTS of fluids, and prayer from my bloggy friends and family! THANKS!
Got another busy week ahead of me, so I am so thankful that I am feeling better.
***Added after I googled origin of Neti Pot:
The use of the neti pot comes from the Ayurvedic yoga tradition of India, which is said to be more than 5,000 years old. "Neti" is a Sanskrit word that means "nasal cleansing," and the actual practice of nasal irrigation is known as "jala neti." (Gotta love GOOGLE!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











17 comments:
Tara, you always leave the nicest comments on my blog. I hope I do get to meet you this summer, cause you're already one of my favorite people. How considerate and compassionate you are. Tell your parents I said so, they raised a wonderful daughter!
I'm not familiar with the NETI POT, but if it helps you then I'm all for it!
Toodles, Debbie
Dr. Oz swears by them. I'm so afraid I will drown :( I do use a nasal spray.
Hubby and I have both had low grade fevers since last Monday. Time to go to the doctor tomorrow and make sure our colds aren't something worse. We get a touch of energy and boom, exhausted again.
Glad you are feeling better.
Several of us in my family have a Neti Pot and we truly beleive in it! Its helps a lot.
A 'Neti pot', isn't that procedure similar to drowing? I'd have to wear a life jacket if I used a Neti pot. BTW.... just wondering, a teeny bit... about your brother... his pic on the side with your dad... hope you don't mind I asked. You can ignore the question if you want.
Tara, I've heard of these pots, but now I'm getting one. Where di you get yours? We also do the sinus washes which does wonders for cold/sinus symptoms. From your post title, I thought you were going to say "my computer is fixed!" Darn. Hope you're feeling much better soon. Have a great week in the classroom!
I am a firm believer in the Neti pot. I've been using one for over a year now. They work for sure.
Glad you discovered it and it helped you. Use it during spring with all the pollen in the air. It will help.
♥ Joy
I'm glad you are feeling better. I've never heard of a Neti Pot. I will have to check them out. Hope you have a good week, take care. :o)
I could have used this last week while suffering with my sinus infection. Glad to hear it really does work! And I'm happy you're feeling better!
I'm glad that you are feeling better. I've heard a Netti Pot before but I have been scared to try them. I think I might give it a try now. I have a sinus infection and hopefully it will help take away. I hope you have a marvelous Monday! :)
Okay. I'm gonna have to give the neti a try!!
I haven't used the neti-pot, but I have used the sinus rinse bottle from the same maker. It's kind of interesting and not necessarily something you want others to watch, but it REALLY works. Glad you are feeling better.
I hear that this works really well...now I just have to figure out how to use it!LOL I have a hard time with nose spray, so I think this might be a challenge for me. :)
power to the neti!!! SO happy you're feeling better!
hugs, :))
it is the greatest invention....it is also good to keep germs out of your nose...
Happy you are feeling better! Hope you have a good week!
I've got this stuff AGAIN! Guess I need to give in to Neti!
I swear by mine! I have had sinus surgery to remove polyps that developed from allergies and my doctor is the one who talked me into this. It does take a little getting used to and if you get it down your throat you will definately gag. Trick is to lean your head forward and to the side so your ear is pointing down. They also make on that you can squeeze out of a bottle instead but that one is pretty forceful.
Post a Comment