Monday, January 11, 2010

Need warmin' up?

Well, as most of you know, my fast laptop is now in the shop (HOPEFULLY) getting repaired. So I don't have a very good selection of photos to choose from to share. Just keep that in mind as I get to the point of what I am rambling about.

I am joining in with my other Texas bloggy friends in trying to help you girlies that are FREEZING across the map to warm up!

I searched through every picture folder I own...and I have a lot. Thought about posting some of my flower beds from past summers. Thought about posting some of my past swimming pool parties. Then, I ran across this picture of my dad when he was a Navy Seal back in 1950 something and thought.....

THIS OUGHT TO WARM THEM UP BETTER THAN ANY OLD FLOWER PICTURE!




Did it do the trick?  (He would probably hurt me if he knew I posted this picture on here) So, don't tell!!!

18 comments:

Gayle from Southern Thresholds said...

Wow! your Dad was/is a major hunk...and yes I enjoyed this pic more than a pic of some flowers...:)

A Gal Who said...

Tara, so glad to have found your blog!

Vickie said...

So much for my flowers....

So your dad was a hottie. So??? So???

Cute post, Tara!

Susan B said...

All I can say is wow! Thank you for sharing a cute post. :o)

Lois Christensen said...

I would say that picture does it!

I love the previous post! I love that poem. Thanks for posting it!

Deb said...

wooo hooo ...now that would warm up even the coldest bones....

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can honestly say that picture of your dad is heating up Oregon :) For a second I thought the photo was of Matthew McConehey (sp?) Thanks for thinking of us and wanting to warm up our cold, cold days.

lori vliegen said...

hee hee......you totally crack me up!!! and i agree with everyone else.....can we all yell a big texas "yeeehaww" for tara's hunky dad?!!! woo hoo (so warmed up i'm turning down the thermostat as we speak....)!!!
xox, :)))

Jess said...

Tara,
As I said before, you are a Hoot!
How cold is it your way?
This month will be remembered as the deep freeze of 2010 in Central Florida!
Blessings and Hugs ~

Jess said...

Hi again,
I just read your precious comments on my blog. You are a true friend. Thank you for cherishing my heart. And THANK YOU for your prayers! Blessings...
Your Sister in insecurity!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

WOW! He's got the GQ stance DOWN, doesn't he? WOW!

Again...wow.

Stopping over from Texas Gals...this looks like it's going to be a fun place to visit! ;-)

So nice to meet you!

jules said...

Wow.....is it weird to say your dad was quite a hunk? He looks WARM though.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Um, your dad's picture had me so flustered, I forgot to follow you.

:-)

I came back, though.

Still...wow.

Anonymous said...

Good Lord! Golly! Wow! Man! Shoot! That picture should warm up anybody's blood. Dang! I'd say you win the prize! :)

Unknown said...

Whoa! All I can say is THANK YOU for posting this picture :)
Yes, we are freezing here in Texas. I'm about ready to be over it already. I'm so glad you found my blog and let me know about you.
I think we have lots in common.
I have a sister named Tara and I have a miniature schnauzer named Libby. I saw Fritz on your side bar.
♥ Joy

Joy said...

Oh MY!! LOL!!! I might have to put this on my desk top! I laughed so much, my eyes watered. Whew! Glory Be!!! Praise the Lord!! Thank ya Jesus!! I think I just felt a hot flash coming on!! Might have to go stand outside and warm up the air temperature! Thanks! I think you should show this post to your dad and read the comments to him,I bet he'll get a big kick out of it.

Finding Time for Mom said...

Wow! I am a tummy girl - love the abs!!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is a beautiful piture!!!