If you look at my bookshelf on my sidebar, you probably have noticed that I have had a certain book on there for a while.
My friend bought and gave me this book a few months back. When she first gave it to me, I just couldn't get into it.
Ever do that with a book? Then one day, I picked it up again and started from the front. Man, how could I have missed what it was saying the first time.
This book is one of those eye openers.
Do you have lions to chase?
Lions to tame?
I think we all have a lion or two in our lives.
These quotes throughout the book are very thought provoking...
"You are responsible forever for what you have tamed." - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Lion chasers grab life by the mane!
The more we grow, the bigger God should get. And the bigger God gets, the smaller our lions will become.
What if the life you really want, and the future God wants for you is hiding right now in your biggest problem. Your worst failure... Your greatest fear?
Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning.
-John Cardinal Newman
I highly recommend this book...
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











9 comments:
Sounds like a great one!
I've read that one. It's a great book. One of my husband's favorites.
I'll have to check this book out, Tara. It looks like a great read. Thanks for sharing this with us! I've got some lions I need to tame!
Those quotes really make me stop and think. I am easily intimidated by conflict. What if my greatest victory depends on my being willing to confront intimidation?! Thanks.
What a great quote!!!
I love "the more we grow the bigger God should get..."
Do hope sweet Fritz is feeling better n' better~
Hope you day is wonderful!
Michelle
Hi Tara,
How is your precious Fritzy?
Thanks for recommending this book,
sounds like one I'd really enjoy.
((HUGS!))
Tara, man, oh, man have you been doing some great posts!!! I so needed to hear your encouragement. I pray for the eyes to see, the ears to hear and the heart to know God's will in my life... but, I can get myself all bogged down. I am going to get this book today... I visiting your blog today was a divine appointment for me. Thank you for being His messenger. ~ Hugs~ Tanna
Should have been "I belive visiting..." need an editor for my commenting! LOL.
Also, meant to say your doodling is marketable! Good stuff.
Post a Comment