I know many of my bloggy friends have pets out there, even Schnauzers. So I know that when our pets are sick it is like one of your kids being ill.
Last night, Fritz came strolling in the living room as usual to bed down for our nightly routine of getting all comfy in the recliner, but I noticed he had his head hanging down and walking like he was off balance. He then proceeded to relieve himself of everything! (Which he never does in the house!)
Then he just went to the floor. Of course, I am now freaking out.
Between my sweet hubby and I, we cleaned up all messes and proceeded to see what was going on with my Fritzy. He was very lethargic and seemed dizzy when he tried to get up. I went to the bedroom to fix his bed and carry him to it. I no more had him bedded down than he got up walked into the kitchen and fell flat on his face (tile floor). He just laid there and wouldn't get up. We tried a couple of things that I had read about and heard from friends and family that have experienced similiar things with their pets. Tsp. of honey, dry toast, etc.
He slept through the night with no more episodes, but when the alarm went off at 5:45 and he didn't run to follow his daddy out the door to get the morning paper, I knew something was definitely wrong.
So off to the vet we went!
They took blood and gave him an exam. His liver enzymes came back out of the roof. He said normal range is between 50-200, his were 1,000!!!
Vet said it could be 1 of 3 things:
got into poison
ate some medicines, like blood pressure or cold meds
or liver cancer
So, I have told you all this to ask you all to please pray that my Fritzy gets better soon and believe with me that he doesn't have the "C" word! AMEN!?
He will be taking 2 meds to try to combat what is going on with him for the next 2 weeks, then back to the vet we go.
Fritz is 12 years old this month. We have had him since he was 6 weeks old. My kids tell me I treat him better than I did them growing up. WHATEVER!










18 comments:
Tara,I pray that he is better soon I'm know this is very stressful for you guys.I wish I was close to give you a big hug just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers....Barb
I'll be praying for him and your family too. I know what it's like to have a sick pet. I know this is really stressful for you guys. (((HUGS))))
You bet I'll be praying for Fritz. I can totally relate to how unsettling this must be for you, sweet friend.
I wouldn't think the worst as this came on him so suddenly. Poor little guy!
Please keep us up-dated!
Sincerely, ldh
PS My husband tells me all the time (about my dog), "Aw, you pamper him too much!" And I do :)
Tara, I will keep Fritz and his family in my prayers. Our Scottie, Tess, had liver problems... I know how scary it can be. My heart goes out to all of you.
I sure pray that he is better soon. You know I have a little schnauzer, and she had a bad episode last year. They were not sure she would make it. All because she got into some ham bone. I do know how you feel, and will remember you as well. Keep us updated. Jackie
Tara,
Thoughts and prayers for you during this scary/emotional time.
Me and my schnauzers will be praying for him....they are like our children...
Tara... big hug!! And I just said a big prayer for Fritz that this too will pass and he will be a healthy boy again soon. Please keep us posted. -Tammy
OH! Sweet puppy! I hope he gets well soon. Poor baby. I'll say a little prayer for him. ~Lanie
Poor puppy hope he feels better, went through that with my dog and it was awful. Hugs and Prayers.
If you ever make it this way my Sister has an art open house in the fall and it is a boot stomping rip roaring good ol' Texas time.
Yes, I will definitely pray for sweet Fritz - what a terrible evening he had yesterday. Bless your heart, I know it is rough on ya'll too. Let's just pray and expect the best, a really good outcome for him...
Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)
Tara, sorry to hear about your baby. I'll be praying for you guys while you are going through this time with Fritz. Our German shepherd died a few years back from old age. It was hard watching him go. Give Fritz a kiss for us!
Tara,
So sorry to hear that your sweet Fritz is sick. I will difinitely pray for him. Bless you....
Agreeing with you in prayer, Tara!
I understand completely and I'm so sorry for your sweet pup going through this. My dogs have always been my babies. I hope you get some answers soon. Hugs to you.
Oh Tara,
My prayers are with ALL of you!
May God touch Fritz's body with healing and calm your heart.
((HUGS!))
Tara,
I am so sorry. I pray the meds are helping and Fritz feels better soon. I am believing with you that it is not 'C".
Stacey
Awww... poor Fritz. I know you'll keep us posted, Tara. Poor little guy. I will definitely say a prayer for him. My little Schnauzie got into some roach poison twice--looked glassy eyed-- I used syrup of Ipecac on him that I had on hand for the kids... I even used one of those plastic medicine dispensers that had the measurements on it and then you just drink from it. Pried the little guys (dog's) mouth open and poured it in! He turned out okay. Hoping that your little guy will be okay.
Post a Comment