Sunday, March 28, 2010

I LIED!

I have to confess...I said my next post was going to be about my artsy sister, BUT it isn't! So sorry....

I have to show you the pictures from our ART DAY first. Anyway, I am still working on my post about my talented sis.

Keep checking back for it, because it is going to be good and there WILL be an awesome GIVEAWAY!
That's what I'm talking about.

Forgive me for lieing? THANKS!

OK, on to the Art Day pics.
We had such an awesome day.
 The weather was perfect, well just a tad windy, but lovely.
Our "Hostess with the Mostest " just spoiled us silly.



First, we took a tour of her lovely home and grounds.
There is no way I will be able to show you all the pictures
I took of her awesome home and collection of things,
but I am going to give you a peek anyway. 
Little touches of spring were everywhere you turned.



This beautiful old church window was in her doll museum/sunroom.
 Yes, doll museum.
 It was beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice.


She and her mom make the most awesome dolls.
Every wall in this room was full of handmade dolls.
She had another whole room full of dolls of
all kinds, shapes, colors, and sizes.
Unbelievable.
Such talent in this family.


Touches of spring everywhere.


Close up of one of her handmade dolls.
So life like.
Just amazing!



She put on a spread for us at lunchtime.


It was all so delicious.
And she said she didn't go to any trouble!


Beautiful place settings.
Fresh picked flowers right off
my sister's bush in her yard for our special hostess!


Beautiful springy table decor that
greeted us reminding us that
 Christ Has Risen!
The lovely hand adorned goblets where surprise gifts for
each of us full of chocolates and uplifting scriptures.
Isn't she so clever.

My favorite one was the one she had wrapped with a red piece of ribbon.

Inside the message read...

"Every hour with Jesus is "Happy Hour!"
Drink in the love, power, authority, and annointing
 of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ His Son!!! 
 -Acts 2:25
WOOHOO!!!


This is a closeup of mine!
Love it!

Next, we walked up the driveaway to her Art House!
It was so fun. 
I am so jealous.
Not really, I am so happy for her.
 She is one blessed lady.
 I am trying to get her to start a blog, so that you all can get to know her better.
Not sure if I convinced her though.
 We will see.



Isn't it cool?

This is the view from the porch.


So relaxing!

Next, is a series of pictures of the bottles before and after they were put into the kiln.




Then some of the finished products after we adorned them






And last, but not least, is my creation.
I was kind of proud of myself.
It was my first bottle bobble ever!




We had so much fun!

Can't wait to create some more.

 Just ran out of time in the day.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for all the pictures, Tara. That doll room is incredible and those dolls amazing! LOVE the art bottles! So much fun! Yours is so cute.
Can you miss work to go get pictures in Old Washington this week? The weather's supposed to be Beeeeaaauuuutiful!

Debbie said...

That gal has it together, doesn't she? What a pretty place. I've never seen anyone melt glass objects and decorate them like that. Interesting. I'll bet you had a lot of fun.
I see Giblet is trying to lead you astray by asking you to play hooky. Keep an eye on her! :)
Chicklet Deb

Lois Christensen said...

Wonderful pictures! What a beautiful house! Her decorating is really nice and her art is beautiful!

Tanna said...

An amazing experience! Just awesome Tara! Thank you so much for letting us live vicariously through your post! I think your first bottle bauble is fabulous. =)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Wow, woman, y'all were busy! Looks like so much fun...and what a blessing for you and your friends!

An Art House? That's incredible! I would LOVE my own little space to create like that. That's awesome.

Oh, and the old church window...loooooove it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, absolutely amazing!! Love the spirit of that day with all the wonderful spring displays. Lucky you.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Tara, loved the tour! What an amazing home, and art house. Wonderful! Love the flattened glass artwork as well. Thanks so much for sharing! -Tammy

BECKY said...

I LOVE working with glass!! Wish I could have joined you all!! So glad you had fun and made some pretty pieces!

I hope your friend does start a blog! I think she'd love it and we'd love her!!

Thanks for sharing your fun, sweetie! Have a great week, ok??
Love ya,
Becky

Jess said...

Tara,
Just love your finished items!
What a great day and what a wonderful Hostess.
Happy Easter Friend!

Joy said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful, inspirational home. I bet you did have a wonderful day there. What beautiful property too. Love all the art work. How fun.
Thanks for sharing your day with us.
♥ Joy

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Now that's some fun!!! Oh how I would love to have an art house. Looks like a great day! Can't wait to see what your sister is up to. Jackie

lori vliegen said...

okay, let me get this straight.....she has a doll museum, a separate art house, and she sets a table that would make martha stewart envious......uh, yeah, i cast my vote for her starting a blog!!!! but in the meantime, i'll live vicariously through you and keep enjoying all of your fabulous photos!! you did a great job on your bottle....i love it!! xox, :))

Toni said...

It was amzing but just seemed to fly by too fast. There was so much to see and try to take in. I see that my sis is saving "the best for last" ha......(just kiddin) Wish I could get into the blogging thing cause you all do such a great job at it...so creative and such interesting folks out there to meet. I recall on the movie "5 people you meet in heaven" that stangers are family you just haven't met yet!" and I think that's such an awesome thought.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow I love this post..I have to hear more about your day and the bottles you did...their wonderful.
I have a kiln from my old ceramic shop that I need to do something with I had no idea I could put bottles in it.
Later when I get caught up we need to talk..lol
Love
Maggie

chrissy said...

hi
im dropping by via lori vliegen.s blog.
(i love her)
this looks sooooo wonderful.
i.ve been on a few art retreats lately and they were so refreshing.
it looks like yours was just that...refreshing and creatively inspiring.
i have to tell you that i am a Christian and i.m purposely taking my own sweet time writing you this comment because there is the most wonderfully awesome song about Christ on your playlist.
THANK YOU!
coming here has put a smile on my face.
keep it up.
c

Sue said...

Tara! Tara! Tara!, what a wonderful treat you all had, I am so jealous that you got to go and I didn't. lol.
I think her home is so beautiful and it would be a treat if she would blog and share. Those dolls are so pretty, and that art studio, well, what can I say I enjoyed everything, thank you for sharing.
May you have a most blessed Easter weekend.
Hugs,
Sue

Valentina Harper said...

Cool Pictures! Looks like an amazing experience!! *GREAT* bottle :)

Kelly Warren said...

Wow! These are great pics! What a fun day. Looks like you had fabulous time. Thanks for stopping in to my blog!

Melanie said...

Great pictures and it all looks like so much fun! The doll...oh my so pretty.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Happy Easter, Dear Tara!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Those are too cool!

Joy said...

Wow, you had a wonderful, awesome, blessed, art-full day! All was beautiful and your blue bottle was so pretty. Great photos and thanks for sharing.