Tuesday, March 16, 2010

more promoting...


I don't want to run this book in the ground, but WOW! I finished it last night and was so disappointed that it was over. I have ordered Mark Batterson's next book, Wild Goose Chase, and am hoping it is in my mailbox today. I also went to his blog today...check it out...awesome. He is most definitely a LION CHASER!

Are you a praiser and worshiper?  If your not...become one! You won't be sorry.

Here is another tidbit from his book that I just loved.

If we had ultrasonic hearing that allowed us to tune in to heaven's frequency and hear angels singing, the music would literally lift us off our feet. I'm guessing we'd dance like David danced.

I think David gives us a picture of pure worship in 2 Samuel 6. Worship is disrobing. It is taking off those things outside our relationship with Christ that we find our identity and security in. It is  a reminder that our royal robes are like "filthy rags".  It's not about what we can do for God.  It's about what God has done for us.  And that understanding produces the greatest freedom in the world: having nothing to prove.  Instead of trying to prove himself as the King of Israel, David was consumed with worshiping the King of Kings.  - another tidbit from In A Pit With A Lion On a Snowy Day.

I WANT TO DANCE LIKE DAVID! Don't you?

8 comments:

Tanna said...

Started on the book last night and am lovin' it! Thank you so much for the suggestion. And, I would love you and Debbie to come for a visit!! How fun would that be??? =) Azaleas will be bloomin' soon... Historic Home tour coming up soon... any tempting working?? LOL. hugs~ tanna

Karen said...

Thank you. This is good to remember!

Vickie said...

I have to read this book. You've got me so intrigued! Sounds like a good one!

Tanna said...

Tara, I'm getting excited about a visit! =)

Jess said...

I'm dancing INSIDE!
GOD is worthy!
I need to get this book. ;)
Blessings alawys Sweet Friend.

Rae said...

I'm so glad Debbie pointed us over here today, you have a beautiful site.
I just had to leave you a note before I go looking all around your oh so pretty place.
Great post.

Toni said...

May I have this dance?

thanx sissy!!! I love you!

Sue said...

Great post Tara, yes I am a praiser and worshiper.
I alway enjoy reading of how David danced before His God. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue