Monday, November 30, 2009

Great week

The week off was great, but was very fast and furious.


Something every day. First, I decorated the school Christmas tree.


Our school colors are orange and black. Our mascot is the bulldogs. Our theme throughout the school is Wild About Learning, so I tried to tie that all in to the decor.

Then, I visited my aunt and uncle that live on the lake. So nice and peaceful! These came to greet me.




The weather was beautiful. I wanted to sit on their back deck all afternoon and soak up the sunshine.



Look at her fuschia colored Christmas cactus. It didn't even look real. It was so pretty!



One day we took a trip to the historic town of Jefferson, Texas. Had a great time showing the Florida cousins how us Texans have fun!



We were heading in here to have one of the best burgers in town, but it was wall to wall people.
Our stomachs couldn't wait that long, so we located a nice sandwich shop where lil man had a good time too.
The Excelsior House is a beautiful historic hotel. Very interesting events have taken place here over the past several years.


I believe if I'm not mistaken this was a jailhouse at one time.


Worked on these for my artsy friends one day.


Chip Decor from Hobby Lobby.


Great ideas in this little $1.99 book.

And of course, I hung out with these sweeties!


Had a great week with our Florida crew!


Hunted deer then quail....cooked and ate. Played games...cooked and ate. Shot skeet....cooked and ate. Rode 4 wheelers...cooked and ate.


Jam packed week FULL of food and fun! Whew....


15 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Girl, you packed a lot into one week! Sounds fun!

Suzanne

Debbie said...

Wow, Tara! You make me homesick. I moved to the midwest from Big D 15 years ago and don't make it down there too much anymore. However I do plan to visit in May to meet some bloggers and we plan to meet in my favorite town of Jefferson. Good pictures. I love that place; it holds some great memories of shopping and fellowship with friends.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Debbie

Susan B said...

Looks like you had a fun week! You did a nice job with the Christmas tree, very pretty. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Tara, HOW did you get Dubya to meet you in Jefferson??? :) Who's that kissing him? :) LOL Great pics. Had a GOOD time, didn't you? I can tell...

Diana Ferguson said...

Looks and sounds like such a great week!!!!


Blessings

Lois Christensen said...

You sure did have a busy week! But it sounds like it was full of fun! Love the pictures!

Vickie said...

Hi Tara! I'm an East Texas gal, too. Debbie Wisdom told me about you, and I think I've visited before but it's been awhile. Debbie of Of His Pasture is another true Texan and great blogging buddy. We're all planning on meeting up in Jefferson in May. Why don't you come along with us! It'll be fun!!!

By the way, I love what ya'll did with the dominos! Ever so cool. You did a great job on your bulldog Christmas tree, too! Stop by and see me sometime!

lori vliegen said...

it sounds like your week was fabulous!!! isn't it just so much fun spending time with those we love?!! and i especially like the "cooked and ate" theme you had going on!! have a fun week!! :))

Elenka said...

We're not 'allowed' to have a 'Christmas' tree in our school.
Those were the days.

Barb said...

Hey Tara, wow the tree looks great! Loved all your pics sounds like you had a great week and fun with all your family.Your aunt's christmas cactus is beautiful mine just looks sad and trying to die, your initial crafts are too cute.I have been decorating at work also and I need to get busy and put up my tree at home but today feel like I'm getting a cold(hope thats all)cause I don't have time to be sick.Talk to you soon....Barb

Lisa said...

You are one busy lady! I'm tired just reading about all you did this week! LOL! You did a great job on the school Christmas tree. Really cute!
I saw the Chip Decor book just the other day at Hobby Lobby and almost bought it. Looking at all the cute stuff you're making I guess I need to go back and get it!

BECKY said...

Hi Gal! Love your photos, and am so glad youo had a great break and Thanksgiving celebration!!

Love your unexpected guest in the last photo!! Too cute!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
HUGS!!!
Becky

Sue said...

Hi Tara,
I am so happy to be out visiting tonight, and seeing what you have been doing. It seems that you really did have a great week off. I enjoyed all of your pictures, the cactus is beautiful mine are in full bloom too.

Thank you for your concern, and prayers I am doing so much better. And have been getting things back in order, as they really got out of order while I was sick.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

Joy said...

Tara Girl, I haven't been here forever--will come back tomorrow to browse and comment--you've got some cool stuff here...

prashant said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Work from home India